Important Things

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Throw the R Away

I'm working on a short essay on Christopher Hitchens, not because I have anything interesting to say about him, but just because I am so tormented by his journalistic existence, his means and his ways, his...well, anyway, in the meantime here's of gallery of media on George Galloway, politician noted for his rhetorical ability and his left-wing views, and who famously (in Britain anyway) called Hitchens a drink-sodden ex-Trotskyist popinjay. He is currently the Respect Member of Parliament (MP) for Bethnal Green. My mom loves him. And he deserves a bit of attention (don't send me hate mail) at least for being the biggest mouth in the highest office to critize so directly.

- Galloway believes that Londoner's are "paying the price" for Iraq
- A fun interview ( /arguement/shouting match ) with the BBC4.
- A video of Galloway appearing before the US senate sub-committee
- Hitchens' attack on Galloway in (ack!) the Weekly Standard. I can't believe I'm linking to that stone rag.

No comments: